Cabinet Decision taken on 7th of May 2022 (4)
1. Job reservation for Divyanjans --- --> 4% reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in direct recruitment to Grade I, II, III & IV posts --> This is in line with Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and rules framed by Gol in 2017 , --> Earlier, the benefits of such reservations were limited only to promotion in Grade III & IV posts. Now, extended to all posts, including Grade I & II ,
Cabinet Decision taken on 7th of May 2022 (3)
1. New Multi-Speciality Hospital ---- i) Approval to setting up Multi-Speciality Hospital (MSH) in partnership with IIT, Guwahati and any other willing philanthropic organizations , 2. New Biodiversity Heritage Sites --> Notification of 'Hajong Tortoise Lake Biodiversity Area' in Dima Hasao and 'Borjuli Wild Rice site' in Sonitpur district as 2nd and 3rd Biodiversity Heritage Sites (BHS) under Sec 37 of Biological Diversity Act, 2002 approved -->These two will be in addition to the existing BHS in Majuli
Cabinet Decision taken on 7th of May 2022 (2)
1. Mission Bhumiputra ---- i) Approval to Mission Bhumiputra to provide caste certificates to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC applicants in a simplified manner , ii) Major components --> Single application form for all castes to ensure a uniform & simplified procedure for issuing caste certificates , --> Caste certificates to be issued digitally and stored in Digi locker 1. If father's caste certificate is enclosed & found genuine, certificate will be issued instantly 2. However, if any enquiry is required, it must be completed within 30 days and extendable by another 15 days in exceptional cases with due justification 3. Details of all certificates issued will be available for public view , --> Special drive for issue of caste certificates 1. Will cover students of Class IX-XII...
Cabinet Decision taken on 7th of May 2022 (1)
1. SOP for urea distribution ---- i) New SOP for fertiliser-urea administration to streamline its administration, especially urea that is a controlled item under Essential Commodities Act, 1956 and prevent leakage & black marketing ii) Highlights -->Small tea garden associations, FPOs & farmer cooperatives to be provided retail licences , --> Incentive of 20 per bag to be provided to retailers as dealer margin from State Govt , --> Assam State Agricultural Marketing Board (ASAMB) will be the sole wholesaler supporting retailers without financial capacity to make advance deposits to companies , --> Eliminate urea wholesalers from distribution channel to ensure secondary freight subsidy & dealer margin go directly to retailers, making urea available to farmers at...
Cabinet Decision taken on 3rd of May 2022 (4)
1. Relief to HPC employees ----- i) Approval to release of ₹308.75 cr as part of the ₹700-cr relief package to employees of Nagaon Paper Mill and Cachar Paper Mill of Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd of Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd. – -> This will provide further support to the employees of the paper mills and is in line with the commitment of the State Govt
Cabinet Decision taken on 3rd of May 2022 (3)
1. Upgrading Polytechnics & ITIs ----- i) 34 Polytechnics and 43 Government ITIs to be upgraded as Centre of Excellence in association with Tata Technologies Limited (TTL) –-> Will provide holistic learning experience of new age technologies related to Industry 4.0, including Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, etc, to around 20,000 students each year , –-> Will also provide upskilling opportunities to skilled workers of Assam working in various industries like tea processing, food processing, handicrafts & textiles, etc , ii)Proposed project cost: ₹2,390 cr