Cabinet Decision taken on 23th of May 2022 (4)
1. Amending rules to aid promotion --------------- •i) Rule 9 of the Assam Secretariat Subordinate Service, Rules, 1963 to reduce the period of qualifying service from existing 4 years to 3 years for promotion of Computer Operate to Senior Grade Computer Operator •ii) Rule 8(2) of the Rules to reduce the period of qualifying service from existing 4 years to 3 years for promotion of Senior Grade Computer Operator to Junior Administrative Assistant
Cabinet Decision taken on 23th of May 2022 (3)
1. Boosting millet output ------- Setting up of Assam Millet Mission (AMM) over a period of 7 years from 2022-23 to promote millet cultivation approved. -> Decision taken as millet are considered multi-cereals and can be utilise for increasing nutritional status of children. •--- Objectives i) Incorporation of millets under Mid-Day Meal Scheme (now renamed as PM-POSHAN under Axom Sarba Siksha Abhiyan Mission) ii) Supply and awareness generation of millets and millet-based products to be taken up in districts along with Integrated Child Development Service (ICDS) districts.
Cabinet Decision taken on 23th of May 2022 (2)
1. Making roads safer ------- Approval to notification of speed limits for various road categories as per Rule 95 of Assam Motor Vehicles Rules, 2003 to regulate vehicle speed and minimise risk of accident. Benefits -- i) Bring uniformity in speed limits of different vehicles on different roads ii) Lower risk of accidents due to over-speeding. iii) Make it easier for commuters to ply their vehicles. iv) Enable enforcement departments like Transport and Police to carry out enforcement against over speeding in a uniform manner
Cabinet Decision taken on 23th of May 2022 (1)
1. Setting New Education Milestones --------- Applicable for all UG/PG programmes- BA, BSc, MA, MSc, BCA, BBA etc. or any other similar programmes in existing 3+2 pattern or any integrated pattern -> • Basis Guidelines i) Revision of existing Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in line with NEP guidelines ii) No hard separation between streams, curricular and extra-curricular, vocational and academic arena. • Basic Structure i) UG Degree programmes of 3/4-year year duration (With multiple Entry and Exit points and Re-entry options) -> Certificate after completing 1 year (2 semester) -> Diploma after 2 years (4 semesters) -> Bachelor’s Degree after 3-year programmes (6 semesters) -> Bachelor’s Degree with Honours after 4-year programme (8 semesters) -> Bachelor’s...
Cabinet Decision taken on 18th of May 2022 (6)
1. For Food Security ----- i) Assam State Food Security Rules, 2022 to be framed as per provisions of National Food Security Act, 2013 > Benefits a) Setting up of ‘Internal Grievance Redressal Mechanism’ . b) State Govt to be empowered to constitute a State Food Commission (SFC) with headquarters at Guwahati . c) Social Audit on functioning of Fair Price Shops under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) . d) Formation of Vigilance & Monitoring Committees at 4 levels- State level, District level, Block level & FPS lavel.
Cabinet Decision taken on 18th of May 2022 (5)
1. Meeting Power Demand ----- i) Approval to procurement of 495 MW from 3 x 660 MW coal-based power plant at Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh from Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited from March 2023 at the rate of ₹4.52 per unit ---> a) Will ensure energy security in the coming years and enhance reliability of power. b) A big step towards ensuring 24x7 power supply.