Cabinet Decisions taken on 8 August 2022 (2)
1. Turning Assam into a Logistics Hub * Approval to Assam Logistics Policy, 2022 ** Features - Dedicated Logistics Division headed by Secretary-rank Officer - Proposal evaluation and incentive disbursement through EoDB (Ease of Doing Business) portal - Industrial Park developed by AIIDC and AIDC shall earmark 15% of its land for development of Logistics Infrastructure including Logistics Park, Truck Terminal, Cold Storage, Warehouses, Primary Processing Centres, etc. - Department of Revenue and Disaster Management shall prioritise conversion of land wherever required for setting-up of logistics facility. 2. Swift e-File Disposal - Standard Operating Procedure (SPO) for e-Files disposal in CMO as Janata Bhawan is shifting to paperless...
Cabinet Decisions taken on 8 August 2022 (1)
1. Auctioning Seized Vehicles - Amendment of Assam Motor Vehicle Rules, 2003 to empower designated officers to auction off vehicles seized, impounded and detained under various motor vehicle offences. 2. Easing Promotion Criterion - One-time relaxation of qualifying service period from 15 to 13 years for promotion to the post of Block Development Officers from feeder cadres of Assistant BDO (Panchayat) and Assistant BDO (Women and Children) - This will ensure filling up of 34 vacant posts of BDO from promotional quota.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 28 July 2022 (3)
1. Step Towards Uniform Building Bye-Laws ------> ·i) Provisions of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Act, 2010 to be expanded to other Master plan and Municipal areas declared under relevant Acts ; ·ii) This will bring uniformity in the enforcement of Master Plan and building regulation and enable framing of uniform single bye-laws for the State.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 28 July 2022 (2)
1. Assam Tourism Policy 2022 ------> Approval to Assam Tourism Policy, 2022 which aims to develop adequate infrastructure at places of tourist interest with connecting circuits while taking into consideration the ecological and cultural sensitivities of Assam --> Key Features = ·i) Engagement of local people both directly and indirectly in various tourism endeavours. ·ii) Support towards development of Home Stay (Amar Alohi) schemes among local communities. ·iii) Focus on coordination between Tourism and Transportation sectors. · iv) Creation of Special Tourism Zones (STZ) by prompting Tea Tourism, Golf Tourism, Medical and wellness, Adventure tourism along with the existing Wildlife and Heritage Circuit. ·v) ...
Cabinet Decisions taken on 28 July 2022 (1)
1. Dual Medium of Instruction ------> ·i) Dual medium of instruction to be introduced from Class VI to XII in Assamese and vernacular medium schools under the State Government. ·ii) The school authority will be at liberty to introduced English medium without abolishing Assamese or vernacular medium. ·iii) Five to ten schools in each district shall be identified for introducing dual medium and number of such schools shall be increased gradually depending on outcome of the move.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 18 July 2022 (3)
1. Funds for New Battalions ------> ·i) Rupees 839.95 crore approved for formation of 5 Commando Battalions Battalions Location Battalion - 2nd Assam Commando Bn (Ops) , Location - Birsima, Hailakandi ; Battalion - 3rd Assam Commando Bn (Ops) , Location - Doldoli, Karbi Anglong ; Battalion - 4th Assam Commando Bn (Ops) , Location - Geleki, Kamalabari, Sivasagar ; Battalion - 5th Assam Commando Bn (Urban Ops and Law & Order) , Location - Pabhoi, Biswanath ; Battalion - 6th Assam Commando Bn (Urban Ops and Law & Order) , Location - Ambikapur, Sadiya ; ·ii) The Battalions to be stationed in sensitive areas will boost Assam Police’s capabilities of dealing with crimes as well as play crucial role in counter insurgency ops.