Cabinet Decisions taken on 18 July 2022 (2)
1. Tenure of Ward Commission ------> · Assam Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022 to be amended to provide protection to the tenure of existing Ward Commissioners elected pursuant to the general election to the Municipal Boards so that upgradation of Municipal Board to Corporation is carried out smoothly.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 18 July 2022 (1)
1. Promoting Cultural Heritage -------> ·i) Approval for acquisition of land for setting up Assam Complex at Tiware village in Raigarh district of Maharashtra. ·ii) A namghar, a museum, a guest house and a conference hall to be constructed in the proposed complex by Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra Society.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 5 July 2022 (4)
1. Adjustment of recoverable dues --------> i) In-principle approval to adjustment of outstanding dues recoverable from consumer of APDCL for FYs 2021-22 and 2022-23 to reduce losses of APDCL ii) The proposed waiver for FY 2021-22 to cost the State Government Rupees 309.86 crore iii) Will facilitate assessment of actual arrear amount without any adverse impact on performance indices of APDCL vis-à-vis State exchequer. iv) APDCL directed to collect AADHAR and EPIC details for all new connections and update the same for old/existing connections. v) Will be mutually beneficial for both Government of Assam and APDCL as summarized below: For State Government ----> i) Improved State profile ; ii) Avail additional borrowing -> ...
Cabinet Decisions taken on 5 July 2022 (3)
1. Protecting interest of indigenous Muslims ----------> i) Approval to identification of 5 Assamese Muslim sub-groups – Gorias, Moriyas, Jolhas, Deshis and Syeds – as indigenous Assamese Muslim communities in line with the recommendation of 7 sub-groups/Committees constituted by State Government. ii) The move will ensure their development in health, cultural identity, education, financial inclusion, skill development and women empowerment.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 5 July 2022 (1)
1. Vehicle Scrappage Policy --------> i) Approval to Vehicle Scrappage Policy of Assam, 2022 to ensure proper dismantling and scrapping of operations of End of Life vehicles ii) To ensure effective implementation of Registration and Functions of Vehicle Scrapping Facility (RVSF), Policy to reduce vehicular pollution and phase out unfit and polluting vehicles, thereby promoting recycling of vehicle scrap in an eco-friendly manner. iii) State Government to also launce a One time Settlement scheme for a specified time period so that owners are given tax waiver up to 75% against their outstanding/arrear dues (if any) on voluntary offer of their vehicles to RVSF.