Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (6)
1. Expanding implementation of Amrit Sarovars ------------- i) Approval to MMS-CMSGUY to draw budgeted rolling fund of Rupees 350 crore for FY 2022-23 to facilitated paddy procurement from farmers and for implementation of Amrit Sarovars in every district of Assam ii) It will also contribute to the state share under Mission Amrit Sarovar. 2. Improving road infrastructure --------------- i) Rupees 220.6 crore approved for improvement and upgrading of roads under AIFA. ii) Dergaon Chariali to Padumoni – Rupees 93.63 crore iii) Padumoni to Rangajan – Rupees 126.97 crore.
Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (5)
1. Transforming Batadrava Than -------------- i) “Development of Batadrava Than as Cultural and Tourist Destination at Batadrava, Nagaon, Assam (Phase-II)” project approved at an estimated cost of Rupees 108.33 core. ii) The project seeks to transform the Than into a must-visit tourist destination and showcase the life of Mahapurush Srimanta Sankardeva and the rich culture of Assam. iii) The project includes Krishna Leela comprising a 5-metre tall Krishna statue, a Naat Ghar and Kalakendra (auditorium) with 600 capacity along with performance stages, two Jalpanghars, Namghar and Yatri Nivas.
Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (4)
6. Freedom Park at Jorhat Jail --------------- > Freedom Movement Park to be set up at Jorhat Jail at an estimated cost of Rupees 134.91 crore in an area of 66 acres. ->Project features i) Conversion of a part of the main jail complex into a museum with the adjacent green areas to be redesignated as Memorial ii) Memorial stones with inscriptions of valour synchronised with light and sound ambience. iii) Preservation of ancestral house of renowned poet late Hiren Bhattacharjee iv) Redevelopment of remaining area as an urban park. v) Shifting and reconstruction of accommodation for central and open jail staff. vi) Existing DIG office to be redeveloped as custom designed office facility for the DIG and the current...
Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (3)
1. Honouring Bir Lachit on his 400th birth anniversary -------- >Approval accorded for setting up of Alaboi Ron Smriti Khetra in Kamrup at an estimated cost of Rupees 150 crore to honour Lachit Borphukan and supreme sacrifice of 10,000 Ahom soldiers in The Battle of Alaboi. · -> Total built-up area: 12,085.50 sq. m · -> Campus development area: 130.20 bigha · -> The war memorial to be in the form of a hengdang (sword) with a height of 150 ft, rising from the midst of a reflective pool. · -> A grand museum with galleries showcasing martial artefacts and relics of the Ahom kingdom apart from terracotta figurines representing Ahom soldiers.
Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (2)
2. Bridge over Subansiri ---------------- ·> In principal approval for construction of a 2.4-km bridge over Subansiri river for Rupees 383.67 crore at Ghunasuti, Lakhimpur to connect Lakhimpur town with Bebejia. ·-> The bridge will benefit the people of Lakhimpur, Dhemaji and Majuli by shortening the distance between Lakhimpur and Dhakuakhana by about 20 km.