Cabinet Decisions taken on 25 June 2022 (4)
1. Green Tax on old vehicles • Assam Motor Vehicle Taxation (Amendment) Bill, 2022 approved to reduce greenhouse gas emission and streamline existing taxation regime by incorporating ‘Green Tax’ on older vehicles. • Highlights - One-time tax (OTT) by replacing existing slab system with reduction of 1% Motor Vehicle Tax from existing rate of taxes for personalised 4-wheelers where mode of payment is in two slabs. 2. For benefit of DNP Limited employees • Duliajan Numaligarh Pipeline (DNP) Limited allowed to undertake pay revision of its employees similar to pay fixation of Assam Gas Company Limited (AGCL) by adopting AGCL’s pay fixation methodology for the benefit of DNP Ltd employees.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 25 June 2022 (3)
1. Transfer of teachers to get online • Approval to The Assam Elementary and Secondary School Teachers(Regulation of Posting and Transfer) Rules, 2022 to rationalise the process of transfer of teachers • It will facilitate intra-district, inter-district and mutual transfers of Elementary, Secondary, SSA teachers as well as teachers of Government educational institutions in online mode via a transfer portal.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 25 June 2022 (2)
1. New Flagship programme for meritorious students • To provide guidance to talented students in the age group 13 – 18 years, flagship programme ‘AROHAN to be launched for meritorious students of Classes – IX – XII from 2022-23 with an allocated budget of Rupees 5.96 crore. • A mentor-mentee programme, AROHAN to cover 4,375 students from secondary classes of Government Schools. • Proposed to be launched on 15th August 2022 for selected students of class IX from 4,375 Government/Provincialised Schools, Adarsha Vidyalayas and Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas. • Selection of boys and girls to be in ratio 50:50 • Each mentor can take responsibility for up to 5 mentees.
Cabinet Decisions taken on 25 June 2022 (1)
1. Nod to JV for boosting rail network • Approval to formation of a JV – Assam Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (ARIDCL) – between Govt of Assam (GoA) & Ministry of Railways (MoR) under companies Act, 2013 • GoA to hold 51% share and rest 49% by MoR • The JV boost rail network in Assam & ensure speedy implementation of ongoing projects as it will identify projects, prepare DPR & work out possible financing avenues.
Cabinet Decision taken on 11th of June 2022 (7)
1. Harnessing renewable source of energy ----------- i) MoU to be signed with NLC India Ltd. a Navratna enterprise, to set up a Joint Venture Company (JVC) for generating 1GW plus solar power on Govt land. This will be the first such initiative among PSUs in energy sector. 2. Transformation in power distribution i) Approval for implementation of Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme (RDSS) with Rupees 8,727 crore as project cost and state share of Rupees 263 crore. ii) Under RDSS, around 57.45 lakh Smart Prepaid Meters to be installed along with Smart Metering at 2,782 Feeders and 77,547 Distribution Transformers for energy accounting. iii) Installation of 4,902 Distribution Transformers in High Voltage Distribution System among...